- The jQuery Boston conference or how to write jQuery professionally. I wanted to round up a bit my thoughts about this year Boston jQuery conference. If you had a look at the talks descriptions you certainly saw that there were a lot of talks about code organization, unit testing, templating and etc. It seems this year has really been the year where experienced jQuery developers […]
- Apple changes the iPhone SDK TOS, creates a tsunami in the web community Jobs certainly knows what he is doing, I was listening at the 4.0 OS presentation and boy, was it everything you wanted it to be… With every new iPhone OS Apple has brought excellent features. Then again, you also have the other Apple side that want to control everything. Apple changes the TOS and chooses […]
- CSS3 transform is coming in a browser near you (even in IE) There has been some cool developments lately on the use of CSS3 transform properties. First we have Dojo has announced that the next version of dojo.fx will support CSS3 transform. You can see the demo here. Another nice project, cssSandpaper is a js animation framework making the use of CSS3 transform easy. Check it out, […]
- The 10 Golden Principles of Successful Web Apps Do you instinctively know them before looking at this video?
- Form Validation Engine 1.6.4 Version 1.6.4 is now online. One major upgrade, you can now validate from any function in your script. You are no more bounded to the custom regex engine. And a minor update, you can now click on the bubble to make them disappear, in case they are in the way. Here how it works: In […]
- Server change alert! position-absolute move to webfaction For now more than a year position-absolute.com has been hosted by linode. Linode offer great unmanaged VPS hosting. This has really been beneficial for my own experience to delve in the Linux world and build my web server from scratch. Buuuutt the time comes when I don’t want to play in apache and mysql config […]
- Give Internet Explorer 9 a test drive Want to look at what is under the wheel for internet explorer 9? You can download a test drive at this address http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/. For now it is confirmed that IE9 will support addEventListener (lol) and border-radius, it score 55 on the Acid3 test. It was also said that IE9 will be GPU powered, from what […]
- A call to all web developers, launching a twitter campaign to force webkit to implement a position fixed in mobile webkit Hey guys, I need YOU for 2 minutes, Some of you guys might not know that it is impossible to have a fixed toolbar in mobile webkit, this is because we can’t fix anything to the gridview webkit produce. This is something we need if one day we really want to be a contender to […]